Dear CHS Members.
As you know, the pandemic continues and has forced closure of many organizations and CHS is no exception. While we make plans for 2021, we must wait to see how soon we can resume our activities. We will endeavor to keep you informed as we head into 2021. These conditions interfere with all our operations including membership renewals which a number of people have enquired about.
Normally the majority of membership renewals have come in,
- At the Pioneer Dinner,
- Through drop in visits to the Museum, and,
- Members being in contact with Doug Sheppard.
The top two options are not feasible right now during the pandemic.
To adapt to current conditions we have developed a wider range of options for CHS Members to renew their memberships. They are,
- By mail to Charleswood Historical Society (5006 Roblin Blvd. R3R 0G7),
- By connecting with Doug Sheppard (204-832-0810),
- On-line-through electronic funds transfer to our Treasurer, Dan Furlan firstname.lastname@example.org who will deposit the funds and provide a receipt by return e-mail, (if you don’t already use this method, you can set it up with your bank. Each bank may have different procedures for this.)
- By deposit at any Bank of Montreal branch (call Dan Furlan at 204-232-0903 for the bank account number)
- Have your membership payment picked up at your home, or from your mailbox, (Between 10 am-Noon, Saturdays-Please call Dan Furlan, 204-233-0903, by Friday evening so we can plan a route.)
Free membership draw!
Yes, President Doug’s Free Membership Draw initiative is still in place. All memberships paid before January 1, 2021 are entered into a draw for a free membership (i.e. a refund of what you paid.) Our winners to date are,
September-Lois Caron and October-Esme Scarlett.